about this site...

my life, my city

11.21.2007

Thankful






















I’ve always had a tradition with my kids on Thanksgiving Day that while at the table we each tell what we’re thankful for. It sounds c
heesy, but it’s nice. Although I always try to tell the people in my life how much they mean to me, I want to take this time to tell them again.

I’m thankful for my family…my children, Tyler and Erika, for being even more than I could have ever hoped for. They are my light and my rock. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them; my father Maurice, (“Mo”); my brother Tom; my baby sister Staci and her family, Don, Jackson and Anna.

I’m thankful for all
of the incredible friends I have who have been through a lot with me and have given me the support, love and hugs I’ve needed.

I’m thankful that I live in a city that I consider home, and to me is the best place a person could live.

I’m thankful that although I realized that life is short, I was able to experience true love and learn the full meaning of love and romance.

I’m thankful for a warm place to go home to and a warm meal. I wish everyone could have that.

I am blessed…and I am thankful.

“In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.”—Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment