about this site...

my life, my city

11.24.2007

Black Friday

While the rest of the universe hopped out of bed at the crack of dawn for the mega sales, my son and I slept in, watched a little of the (Portland) Macy's parade on television, and then proceeded with breakfast. While I made breakfast, Tyler made mimosas. As I was getting the pile of scrambled eggs on the table, I put the orange juice back in the fridge. So halfway through breakfast when I asked for a refill, he reached over and grabbed the champagne and bottle of Cointreau, saying the Cointreau was fine, we didn’t need the orange juice. Good boy…I raised you right! In the afternoon it was off to the Tao of Tea on SE Belmont for some great food and tea with a friend. We then made our normal trek to Powell’s. Aaahh…Powell’s, a book lovers paradise. Next stop was Hobo’s for drinks and appetizers. Hobo’s is a great place in downtown Portland, a gay bar and restaurant with a wonderful piano player. A few drinks later we walk a few doors down to Darcelle’s for the 10:30p drag show. What fun! The show was fun, Darcelle (photo on right) was funny and watching the Mormon’s get drunk and try to seduce the strippers was hilarious. We then hailed a cab and headed home. And people think Black Friday is all about shopping. Ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment