about this site...

my life, my city

10.18.2008

"From the great Blarney Stone to the green hills of Tara, there's no one as Irish as Barack Obama"

Ah yes, another example of why I'm proud to be Irish. Ok, half Irish. About three years ago we contemplated moving to Ireland, I even bought a book on tips about moving to Ireland. But we thought better of it; family would be too far away, too hard to jump on a plane and be there in a couple of hours whenever we wanted. I still long for nights of being in those old-world pubs drinking good beer and singing Irish tunes, snuggled up in a good wool sweater. Then there's that other part of being snuggled up to a cute Irish lad in a good wool sweater. And damn it, if this election goes awry I may just hop on the next boat across the pond.

The song was written by Hardy Drew and the Nancy Boys, aka The Corrigan Brothers, of Ireland. Shay Black is singing it in this piece and seems to be getting all the credit for the song. Check out Hardy Drew and the Nancy Boys, you'll love them. Come on, you have to love a group with that name!



No comments:

Post a Comment