about this site...

my life, my city

1.26.2008

A Day Made in Heaven

My definition of a great day...sleep in, get a call from someone who wants to pay me to get his listings on the market, play around on Goodreads, brew a pot of tea, light some incense, listen to music. And to top it off, it's an overcast, rainy, cold day in Portland. My perfect day will only get better once I settle into reading my book.

My son gave me some TeaPosy for Christmas. It's tea that is woven into flowers so that when you brew it, it blossoms into something beautiful. I was saving them until I either had company or was going to a friends home. But then I asked myself this afternoon, "why wait, Karen, you're worth it". Here's a photo of the one I brewed today, it blossomed into a carnation. Not the best photo, I'm not the photographer that my brother is. I'll blame it on poor lighting.

And the other photo is from just a few days ago when the sun was bright and I could see Mt. Hood in all of it's glory. It's so beautiful, completely covered with snow. On that day you could see the snow blowing around the top, it was breathtaking. And to think
I get to look at this from my window every day.

Joe Cocker is currently singing his cover of the Beatles "Come Together". Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment